Alright guys, today we’re going to talk about WHY you’re not getting any matches, and what you can do about it.
Give us a holler in the comments below with any other questions you may have that are match related.
1. You post way too many selfies.
Rule number one - ABSOLUTELY NO SELFIES. The only guys that genuinely like selfies (or provocative photos) just want to hook up with you. If you’re good with that, by all means go for it, but the stand up fellas do not want to see this.
P.S. Please do not use any weird snapchat filters/screenshots - this does not work.
Never ever. It’s a huge turnoff for guys.
2. You’re not on the app enough
OMG we hear this all the time. Why don’t I have any matches, no one matches with me, blah blah blah…
When we get deeper and ask: “Ok Katie, how often do you go on the app?”
“I dunno, maybe once every week…”
No shit Katie!
We need to expand the opportunities to match with great guys, so that means hopping on once a day for 10 min or so and swiping like a mad woman. It’s ok if you miss a day here or there, but you need to make it a priority in order to get results.
3. Picture order is out of whack
Don't post too many of the same type of photo, we want to show that we're exciting and engaging badasses.
Here's what we've seen to work well:
1. First pic should be of you an one friend, posing in a jolly way.
2. Second pic should be of you solo, this one can be more standard.
3. Third pic should be an adventurous or funny picture.
4. Fourth pic should be of you in a group.
5. Fifth pic should be of you and one friend - posing at an outdoor venue.
There’s no need for more than five pics. Simmer down w
4. Your description is way too much (or not enough)
Do not over elaborate in this area, guys want to see 1-2 lines about you, that make you seem fun and exciting.
1. Your favorite quote i.e. "To live is the rarest thing in the world, most people simply exist" - Oscar Wilde
2. One funny sentence i.e. "Fluent in sarcasm, also in the English language"
3. A few emojis (you get this one, let us hope)
5. The picky swipe
Left, left, left, left, left, left, left, right, left, left, left....
Look, we know that a lot of guys Bumble profiles are rough, but we need to start swiping right more.
If it's a definite no, then go forth and swipe left.
But if you hesitate at all -- perhaps you click into their photos or check out their description -- swipe right.
It'll give you more of a chance of meeting someone great and also practice your messages.
Stop being so picky, and you'll be surprised at who you'll match with and meet.
And always remember The Golden Rule -- guys always look better in person.
Got a question or comment? Let us know in the comments below!